While searching for something on Github, I stumbled upon a pretty comprehensive HTML5 Boiler Plate for Google AppEngine Projects. Looks great to use as the default Google App Engine project template.
App Engine Boilerplate is a versatile yet minimalistic setup for new App Engine projects.
- html5-boilerplate 2.0(including it's automated build toolchain for minification and concatenation of js+css)
- Beautiful OpenID login with openid-selector
- Memcaching setup for requests and responses
- Flexible user-preferences model (with Gravatar link)
- Templates and template addons
- Tools such as
- configuration for admin areas, static files
- Released under the BSD license
The source is available on Github. Will be using it in an App Engine project that will be kicked off towards the middle of the week and will share more about it.