A Day In the Life of A Second Grader in India
No Fun. No Physical activity. No extra-curricular activities. About a 17 hour busy schedule. Every day. For a second Grader? Its ridiculous, to say the least, that a typical day in the life of a “Second Grader” lasts 17 hours and is no different than a busy professional. Why in the world, a second grader has to work so hard ?
My brother’s son is a second grader, so I looked at his typical day but I suspect every other kid out there in India has a similar hectic schedule (may save a little on commute on residential schools, but compensated by 3 additional additional extra hours for better grades).
- Wake up at 6 AM
- Daily Chores + Breakfast + Get ready for school by 7.00AM
- Take School Bus at 7.00AM and reach by 9AM to school
- 9AM – 12AM School
- 12 to 1PM Lunch Hour
- 1PM to 4PM School
- 4PM to 5.30PM Extra Study Hours for advancing (???????) Grades
- 5.30PM to 7.30PM In the bus back home
- Chores and Dinner by 8.30PM
- Finish Home Work by 9.30PM
- May Go to bed at 9.30 PM ONLY if there is NO TV + Video Games. As you can guess, that’s simply not possible. So add at least another hour or so. Normally go to bed around 11PM.
Huh? Why in the world, a second grader has to study so hard ?