To all Indians,
Happy independence day.
Whenever I think of independence day, I always wonder how and what freedom has changed for me and my country. There are atleast couple of times, I thought we would have been much better without it.
I always list out things I like and I don't like to see how we are moving ahead in my place and my state Andhra.
Few things on the better half:
1. Getting a higher and/or professional education is now much easier and quite affordable.
2. Telecommunications are available almost everywhere, thanks to bharti for breaking the barriers and making it affordable.
3. People are getting more and more entrepreneurial. Be it real estate or otherwise.
4. For almost everbody, hospitals are available, though good care is not yet affordable to most.
5. Good or bad, autos have become preferred and many places only transportation available. Now the most remote parts can be reached.
On the other half:
1. Resurgence of political mafia and land grabbing with the support of the very admn personnel that are supposed to protect, including police and courts. If you own a piece of real estate, there is no guaranty that you can keep it.
2. Electricity is available only for half a day in most parts except cities.
3. Everybody wants political power to build wealth: movie actors, seperate states, caste based groups, corrupt to the bone politicians.
4. People getting crazy for soap shows, idolizing movie actors, dance schools and pubs. Eating more junk food than ever. Every body knows every single detail of a movie and actors and don't have a clue of anything else. Be it health or wealth or anything that really matter in their own lives.
5. Disastrous levels of dust and smoke in all cities, making living there a hell of sorts.
Quite sorry state of affairs. Not sure anything will change in a decade.
Rest of India may have similar or worse conditions, but I haven't lived anywhere, excluding Bangalore, the living hell, where almost every other kid is suffering from breathing and pollution issues.
If you have a chance or will to make anything, even a little better, please take that hardstep now. Or, it will be too late to do anything, a few days later.
Happy independence day.
This is yet another example of NDTV.com’s sensationalism twisted titles. The title says, as if this was a fact, woman made to urinate in pub...
When you are writing software, you always get a second chance. In fact, lots of chances to get it correct. You have compiler warnings, fail...
WWDC 2011 Session Videos are now available for all, for Free.
I have recently spotted quite a few places where NDTV title doesn’t exactly say the same as the details in the article says. Lost in transla...