Snapshot of Andhra Pradesh
- Population: 79.7 million (2006).
- Capital: Hyderabad (est. population, 6 million 2006).
- State GDP: US$59.1 billion (2004/05).
- State GDP growth rate: 9.8 per cent (2004/05).
- Largest producer of rice in Southern India.
- Ranked second in the number of industrial estates.
- Base for nearly one quarter of Indiaâ€™s software professionals.
- Second largest minerals base.
- Largest exporter of pharmaceuticals.
- Hyderabad is the number one ranked centre for IT enabled services in India.
IT is definitely getting better in Andhra Pradesh (look at bullets 7 and 10) and GDP growth (Growth: $5.79B, GDP:US$59.1 billion)is slightly better than Karnataka (Growth: $5.05B GDP: US$43.17 billion).