Amanda Lenhart and Susannah Fox of Pew/Internet &American Life Project released the survey report "Bloggers - A portrait of the internetâ€™s new storytellers", revealing some interesting statistics about Bloggers (in USA).
A telephone survey of a nationally-representative sample of bloggers has found that blogging is inspiring a new group of writers and creators to share their voices with the world.
Here are a few interesting stats about the Internet's new Story Tellers:
- 8% (12Million) of total internet users (147Million) have a blog.
- 39% (57Million) of Internet users read blogs.
- 54% of the bloggers are under the age of 30
- 84% of bloggers, blogging is a hobby, not an activity that consumes their lives.
- 52% of bloggers say they blog mostly for themselves, not for an audience. About one-third of bloggers (32%) say they blog mostly for their audience.
- 57% of bloggers include links to original sources either â€œsometimesâ€ or â€œoften.â€
- Only 18% of bloggers offer an RSS feed of their blogâ€™s content.
- Three in four bloggers (77%) told us that expressing themselves creatively was a reason that they blog.